All drivers are:
- Instructed in WHMIS and have attended the Canadian Petroleum Products Institute (CPPI) course for petroleum safety, spill prevention, containment and recovery.
- Receive petroleum-handling training from VWT
- According to the National Safety Code Rules: annual driver license abstracts are recorded, and the Company’s Motor Vehicle Profile is obtained, recorded and filed.
- All training is on the job, with an experienced employee doing the instruction, and is on going. All training is documented. Mentoring program in place.
- Transport of Dangerous Goods Certified, retrained every 3 years if required